This 7 Degree Billet Triple Tree is made by Mortons Custom Cycle. An extreme amount of engineering, and experience went into the design of this Billet Triple Tree. With superior quality and easy install this product is a must for that guy wanting to stand out at the bar or the next biker rally.When it comes to quality, style, and function, no one does it better. This 7 Degree tree is a direct bolt-on replacement for the stock triple tree. When installing this product the wheel base will increase 2.5″ and the trail number is still around 4″. The improved Billet aluminum tree will flex less than the stock triple tree, allowing for a better handling ride. Improved handling, strength and looks, for a great price… What else could you want?
The Triple Tree is a custom order item and can take up to 12 weeks to be shipped.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Longer brake line will be needed.
- The wheel base will increase 2.5 inches and the trail number is still around 4 inches.
- Triple tree is made from a solid Billet 6061T aluminum and it has a high polish finish. Polished aluminum needs special care. The finish can be sensitive to scratches so be extra careful during install. We recommend using Mothers Aluminum Polish to keep the shine forever.
- Our kit comes with the Upper and Lower Tree posts, fork extenders, and the pivot bolt with hardware, no bearings or races. To use this Triple Tree you must change the races in the frame neck.
- The Triple Tree is a custom order item and can take up to 12 weeks to be shipped.
NOTE: There is no torque spec for the stem bolt, this all goes by feel. WHY you ask, well bearing grease can confuse torque spec which can set you up for a loose front end and some people put more grease in then others.
Our suggestion is to tighten the front end with the wheel off the ground till the turning of the bars feels stiff, then back off the stem bolt 1/4 of a turn. Make sure to snug down the set screw and go ride the motorcycle a couple of times. After that re-loosen the set screw and recheck the stem bolt again until it feels stiff when turning, then back off on the stem bolt 1/4 turn. Some people put more grease in then others. If you’re still having problems with the front end stability at speeds, check your front tire pressure. If the pressure is low then increase the pressure to the maximum for testing. Then back off the pressure for desired riding. If the problem still continues, then we suggest taking this to a qualified, motorcycle mechanic for inspection.
- This product fits: Honda 1800 (Please list model and year during check out)
- Install time: 2 hours